Here’s one of the great benefits of the PIO Association: Resources to help you do your job. See below for our library of downloads.
How to request help from the Utah PIO Association:
There are various channels that an emergency manager or local PIO can successfully use to request the PIO Association’s assistance. Once a request is made, information goes to the PIO Association members, who fill out a form with their availability. Information from that form is then sent to the requesting agency.
For the local PIO:
- Reach out to PIOs in your local joint information system. Don’t have a local JIS yet? Here’s how to get one started (under construction).
- If no local PIOs are available, either you or your boss should contact your county emergency manager, who can work your request up the chain. Don’t know your emergency manager? Check out DEM’s map here.
- If you still have no luck, send an email to email@example.com. The subject line should be the incident name and the body of the email should include relevant information about what help is needed.
For the emergency manager:
- Contact your regional DEM liaison, who can contact the DEM PIO to get the requesting process started. This will ensure proper tracking of costs.
- If your regional liaison is not available, visit http://emergencyinfoutah.com and select “Contact us/Make a report.” Fill out the form on that webpage, selecting “PIO or JIS help” from the drop-down menu. In the questions or comments field, include relevant information about what help is needed. The form will generate a request to the DEM PIO to get the requesting process started or for 24/7 support call 801-538-3400.
- If you cannot access that website, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be the incident name and the body of the email should include relevant information about what help is needed.
PIO/Social media Blogs:
Access a Google Drive version of the funeral response guide here